This week's ifast58 prayer list brings a welcome refreshing scripture to GLOWING light:

Brandi quote's Beth Moore in her message:

Beth Moore spoke on Isaiah 40:31 recently.  "31Yet those who wait for the LORD, will gain new strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."  What she said really stuck out to me.  She said, notice that it says WAIT ON THE LORD. Not an event or a person or anything else.  If you are weary and tired in the waiting, maybe you aren't waiting on Him.  He promises that if we wait on HIM we will run without getting weary. 
 Well, as I was preparing this morning the Lord led me to Isaiah 55.  As I read it it was like the Lord speaking a special, personal, beautiful HOPE to me. 

Isaiah 55

Invitation to the Lord’s Salvation
 1 “Is anyone thirsty?
      Come and drink—
      even if you have no money!
   Come, take your choice of wine or milk—
      it’s all free!
 2 Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength?
      Why pay for food that does you no good?
   Listen to me, and you will eat what is good.
      You will enjoy the finest food. 3 “Come to me with your ears wide open.
      Listen, and you will find life.
   I will make an everlasting covenant with you.
      I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.
 4 See how I used him to display my power among the peoples.
      I made him a leader among the nations.
 5 You also will command nations you do not know,
      and peoples unknown to you will come running to obey,
   because I, the Lord your God,
      the Holy One of Israel, have made you glorious.”
 6 Seek the Lord while you can find him.
      Call on him now while he is near.
 7 Let the wicked change their ways
      and banish the very thought of doing wrong.
   Let them turn to the Lord that he may have mercy on them.
      Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously.
 8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
      “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
 9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
      so my ways are higher than your ways
      and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
 10 “The rain and snow come down from the heavens
      and stay on the ground to water the earth.
   They cause the grain to grow,
      producing seed for the farmer
      and bread for the hungry.
 11 It is the same with my word.
      I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
   It will accomplish all I want it to,
      and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
 12 You will live in joy and peace.
      The mountains and hills will burst into song,
      and the trees of the field will clap their hands!
 13 Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow.
      Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up.
   These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name;
      they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.”

As I seek and pray for orphan's today I am humbled that the Lord would take time to speak to me.  HE always does, when I take time to listen for His voice. 

While you can click on the prayer list link (above) and see all the requests from participating organizations I want to highlight a few things that are on my heart:

Pray for BOSCO'S LEG, more importantly DO something if you feel led!
Don't just look at the picture and blow past, click on the link, read the story, 


We are praying to collect ALL the money TODAY! This is urgent.   As a woman (paraphrased) on our call said "Bosco is one of us, we need not let geography stops us, we (the church) need to rise up and care for this orphan"

Send and email, blog, get the word out-let's be part of God's miracle!

In case you passed the link the first time, here is a second chance: Bosco's Leg

also,

Pray for James1:27 Family as they prepare to go to Uganda and meet their daughter who they are in the process of adopting.  Sarah, the daughter, has been sick and in the hospital.


Be blessed, encouraged and strengthened today! 

In case you missed it, my CHRISTMAS CONUNDRUM blog is still messing with me.  Read, share, give insight if you have it.  If you have seen the movie, let me know. 

I was so encouraged by my son; he said "You need to buy that movie, no for real, buy two and I want to send one to our President."  So, that is what I am going to let my, homeschooled, 15 year old, do.  I figure "hey, if you think the president needs to know, how about all your friends too" I think we will host a movie night in honor of the Lost Boys of Sudan.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Praying for this ministry and praying for you.
Blessings, andrea

Erin Moore said...

Jen!

Thanks for tracking me down :-)

Glad you found me - are you on Twitter?

In Him,
Erin

Miss Janet said...

Hope you don't mind. I am going to put this on my blog tomorrow.

Bless his little heart...

Janet

Deborah Ann said...

Adding Bosco to my prayer list. I just read his story. Doesn't it feel overwhelming sometimes? There are so many children and orphans who are suffering daily. It's time we get off our knees and do something!

steffany said...

Just prayed and spent quiet time on this today...
Seriously
woman....
I love your heart