Last post September 15...REALLY!  SEPT-EM-BER?

Indicative of the last season of my life.

A season in the shadowy places of sin.

A season of things left undone.  Too many things UNDONE!

A season that will end and be birthed into the BEAUTY of Spring and NEW LIFE!

Last Thursday...this made me WEEP!

Psalm 6 (New Living Translation)

For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be accompanied by an eight-stringed instrument.
 1 O Lord, don’t rebuke me in your anger
      or discipline me in your rage.
 2 Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak.
      Heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony.
 3 I am sick at heart.
      How long, O Lord, until you restore me?
 4 Return, O Lord, and rescue me.
      Save me because of your unfailing love.
 5 For the dead do not remember you.
      Who can praise you from the grave?

 6 I am worn out from sobbing.
      All night I flood my bed with weeping,
      drenching it with my tears.
 7 My vision is blurred by grief;
      my eyes are worn out because of all my enemies.

 8 Go away, all you who do evil,
      for the Lord has heard my weeping.
 9 The Lord has heard my plea;
      the Lord will answer my prayer.
 10 May all my enemies be disgraced and terrified.
      May they suddenly turn back in shame.

I love that scripture meets me where I am.  That someone, a sinner like me, can so completely sum up how I feel. 

Scripture is that healing ointment I spread over the hurting places.  

We are about to the most difficult season of our life. Ever. ...and that is saying a LOT! I am expecting miracles. I am expecting tears. I am expecting to want to quit! Turn back! Run...I was contemplating escape yesterday. 

...And so I ask you, if you love us, to PRAY! God knows. 


Here is a song that I was talking about this week at Zero Hour, our youth program at church.  It's a beautiful, tough, song. Enjoy!

Ross King "Clear the Stage"





Lyrics are in the video...but in case you aren't sure you want to take the time to watch....here's a TASTE:

"Take a break from all the plans that you made
And sit at home alone and wait for God to whisper.
Beg Him please to open up his mouth and speak
And pray for real upon your knees until they blister.
Shine the light on every corner of your life
Until the pride and lust and lies are in the open.
Then read the word and put to test the things you've heard
Until your heart and soul are stirred and rocked and broken."

1 comments:

Lavender and Fireflies said...

Glad to see that you are blogging again. If anything, it's catharsis, no? I will definitely be praying for you dear sister! Love you!