This was an email-Just posted it so you could see what some churches are doing, and to see my prayer requests. To check out this church go to: www.jax-mosaic.com

If you are familiar with this email~~scroll down and read mine. If not read this, then my message. Thank you!

-------------- Original message from "Quincy Richardson" : --------------

There is a line in a once popular country song that goes as follows:

"And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance"

This past Sunday we were talking about "dancing" in community.

This Sunday night is an opportunity for you to do that by reaching out to our community.

Our Helping Hands/Street Team night is this Sunday, and we are asking for your help.

Here's what we need:

1. A person or persons to volunteer to cook our spaghetti (enough for 25 servings), you don't have to buy it, just pick up the ingredients Sunday morning, cook it, and deliver it to the church at 5:15 p.m.

2. A few people at 5:15ish p.m. to take said cooked spaghetti and divide, along with some bread (we provide) and cookies (we provide) into containers (we provide) and then into plastic grocery bags (we could probably use some more) along with silverware (we provide) and a juice drink (that we also provide). Are you getting the picture? We only need your arms for this? Just about 30 minutes of work, and then if you have to, you can go.

3. A few people (enough to hopefully make two teams of at least three people) at 5:30ish p.m. to take the aforementioned containers of food, along with some clothes, and deliver it to people, who I can assure you will be more thankful for it than you have probably been for a meal of spaghetti in a long time.

4. and finally folks to pray. Last month we had an absolutely awesome time just handing out food, jackets and blankets. We look forward to that again, and covet your prayers for God's direction and for safety.



And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you have done it to Me. (Matthew 25:40)

tHe ReD LeTTeRs

Sometimes that is a hard verse to swallow. I am continuing to learn that as a leader, you never want to use guilt to motivate folks (you guys). That being said, I'm sometimes aggravated at the gruesome disparity between the number of people that will come to the
show, versus the number of people that will come for the work or to help someone. It is a very sad reality to me. I am not trying to guilt anyone into anything, but as an elder of the Mosaic flock, one of my jobs is to shepherd. And really even though that entire
passage in Matthew is hard to think about sometimes, it is the truth and we need to face it, because although guilt is not a proper motivation, conviction is. Sometimes we need a little truth to bring about conviction.

Think about whether or not you would come Sunday night if we were going to show a movie on the big screen and eat popcorn and drink mountain dew.

Think about how much easier it would be to "find the time in your schedule" if we were offering something you wanted. Then think about your reaction when you first read what we are doing. Again, not guilt-surrendering I don't want you to come because I guilted you into it. It's really not about coming or not coming. It is about your heart, and my heart. Some people come with wrong motives. Some people with the best motives in the world can't come. I love you, and we are meant to live for more. More than just filling our own bellies, and building our own little kingdoms. Let love be your motivation.

I hope you'll dance.

~Q~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MESSAGE FROM JEN POLK:

Dear family,

Some of you may not know me; but that is okay. I am your sister-in-Christ, Jen Polk, and we currently live in South Carolina. I know you all know what an amazing body of believers you have there; but I want to encourage someone that was maybe not sure weather or not to go to please go in my place. I have had the opportunity to serve the homeless and can say at first I was uncomfortable, on edge, but as God worked in my heart I saw them as He sees them beautifully, and wonderfully made; just like me! I would love to be able to be there but several hundred miles separate me. But in the meantime if you were "thinking" about it, tonight please do; go and be one big happy family!

I have a request for you all to please pray from my friend Laine that lives in California. She is going through a divorce and now she is pregnant and struggling with decisions for her future. It is way more complicated than that; but ultimately her issue is surrendering to Christ; and allowing Him to be her Everything. Isn't it that for us all! Pray for strength, wisdom, and guidance from the Lord. I truly appreciate it!

There is a young man in England, Nic that is greatly struggling with decisions for his future. He is in a dark place and I fear he has no true relationship with Christ. I do not know him personally, but am burdened as he is antagonistic towards God's truth. I know at this point only prayer can help. He knows the truth in his heart; pray he does not reject it.

A selfless plug for ourselves: Pray for the Polk family; Unspoken.

Praise God for the struggles and trials in all of our beautiful lives. I love you, family, so much! I know it is going to be worth it ALL!!

Humbly bowed at His feet,

Jen Polk

0 comments: