My son's mission project was a huge success. Way to go SRCC and body of Christ! Way to show the love of God... and to allow the least of these to be JESUS to us. (Matthew 25:31-46)  

{Heart}4 Homeless is a ministry my son started.  (Click the link and read the story behind the ministry.)  Well, Sunday was "action day".  

I am realizing that I never posted about the actual "assembling" of the kits at the youth lock-in; oops! 

WE INTERRUPT THIS POST FOR A PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED POST (quickie version):

The youth that attended the "Youth  pop-N-Lock" on New Years Eve,  let their first act of service this New Year be making kits for the homeless and writing a personal note for each one.  It was amazing!

 

Trent, Me, & Hunter standing before the table of donations (/\)

The youth writing personal notes to include in the kits.  (/\) (\/)

Blessed my heart seeing the lengths that these youth went to to make it PERSONAL & MEANINGFUL!

The kits! (/\)


WE NOW RETURN TO YOUR PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED POST:

 We gathered and delivered the care packages to the local homeless. 

I realize the picture looks like the park was empty but they actually served around 50 homeless people that day.  It's a big park and you can't see it all in the pic. I also didn't want to violate peoples privacy by taking their picture. 

(/\)Except this was a picture I could not miss. So touching. The HEART of this ministry!

Priceless friendships! What a beautiful day being ministered to by JESUS (Matthew 25:31-46). 



 


0 comments: