I feel like I am watching a person starve to death.  I feel so unequipped even though I have lived through never starving to death.  I want to say to them "hydrate, nourish, rest" these are the things you do to be well.  I talk about the Lord and how the Lord delivered me from starving to death before ever having to actually starve.  Then the person I am trying to help just doesn't do the suggested things. Just sits. and starves.

There comes a point where you have to simply let the starving person starve until they are ready to eat for themselves.

I can't put food in their mouth.

I tried to lift their head and feed them, I tried to say "try this it will help."  The beauty of starving won them over.  Maybe they ask themselves "How can I be happy full...I need to starve to not feel this pain."

Maybe starving to death isn't that bad...surely I don't know and could never understand {hint of sarcasm}.  Maybe it is better with a swollen belly full of worms and being so sick that you can't lift your head.


I have had friends share with my starving friend how they have starved or someone they love has starved to death. It's not enough to stop the starving.

On Sunday I was wrecked with grief over the starving and how do I get my loved one to eat. I praised the Lord. Fell to the floor and worshiped.  When being taught through the book of Ecclesiastes when I heard this verse....i wept. and couldn't stop.

18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
   the more knowledge, the more grief.

You see I had never really ever sat in this place before trying to help a starving person.  My husband was malnourished and very sick and I watched God deliver him from starvation. I was on the verge of starving.  Now I know about starvation. I have witnessed it first hand.  I will never be the same.  I have more sorrow and more grief.  It's isn't because of the starving person...it's because starvation is sin.


I asked friends on facebook: What would you do if you encountered a starving person?
  • answer #1: Feed him both food and the Word of God.
  • answer #2: Feed him ♥ 
It seems logical.  Easy.  An easy fix! 


Life isn't always logical.  Sometime the starving person wants to starve.

“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.”

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;  you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 


1 Corinthians 6:12-20: Scripture in context




It is difficult to see someone we love suffer.  We want to rescue them.  Truth is, they can't be rescued until they realize they need rescuing.



The Rescue

All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort—we get a full measure of that, too.

When we suffer for Jesus, it works out for your healing and salvation. If we are treated well, given a helping hand and encouraging word, that also works to your benefit, spurring you on, face forward, unflinching. Your hard times are also our hard times. When we see that you're just as willing to endure the hard times as to enjoy the good times, we know you're going to make it, no doubt about it.

 We don't want you in the dark, friends, about how hard it was when all this came down on us in Asia province. It was so bad we didn't think we were going to make it. We felt like we'd been sent to death row, that it was all over for us. As it turned out, it was the best thing that could have happened. Instead of trusting in our own strength or wits to get out of it, we were forced to trust God totally—not a bad idea since he's the God who raises the dead! And he did it, rescued us from certain doom. And he'll do it again, rescuing us as many times as we need rescuing.

2 Cor 1:3-11 MSG  in context

Thankful that I have been rescued!  
Praying for rescue for my starving one.   

Job 23:12

New King James Version (NKJV)
 12 I have not departed from the commandment of His lips;
      I have treasured the words of His mouth
      More than my necessary food.

0 comments: