- I had coffee with a neighbor/best friend and tried to catch up in 30 minutes.
- I Facetimed some of my grands.
- I chatted with my mother-in-law and God bless her for listening to me regale her with how awful things are at the moment.
- I read too many articles on Facebook.
- I took a bath so I could shave my legs while wearing my glasses and see those pesky places I miss in the shower.
- I brushed my teeth for over 1 minute.
- I slathered moisturizer over every inch of my skin.
- I took my time getting dressed with no urgency of where I needed to be.
These may not sound like glamorous things, however in the life of a Caregiver, some of these things have gone undone for weeks, months...Lord I have no idea. Especially the teeth.
Tonight I have plans for dinner with my family. I really wanted my grandpa there, but he is not in a good place right now. I never knew it would be like this.
I am reflecting on my responsibilities and am slightly overwhelmed. I am dissapointed in myself for how I am handling, resenting, and complaining this present season.
Truthfully, I just want some time for me. I just need time to process everything that there is to process. I feel as if I hardly have time to even know what I need to do. I want to blog my emotions, I want to write to help others that are dealing with similar circumstances so they can avoid the pitfalls we've faced, I want to just blog about regular old life.
I need to catch up on paperwork, laundry, cleaning and grocery shop. However, not on this day. This is my day.
Claiming it for me. I do little to nothing for me, I am being selfish! I am caring for me today.