2 Corinthians 10:5 (New King James Version) New King James Version (NKJV) 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to
the obedience of Christ,
2 Corinthians 10:5 (New Living Translation)New Living Translation (NLT) 5With these weapons we break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing God. With these weapons we conquer their rebellious
ideas, and we teach them to obey Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:5 (The Message)The Message (MSG) 3-6The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that
way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire
massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the
truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at
hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.
So I am sharing with a friend today what is really going on in my life and she sends me this scripture that came to her mind. One of my favorites. I immediatelybegin to devour it. I am hungry for the word. I search it inseveral translations for the right prescription, the words formy situation. They all fit for different reasons-it is all the same truth. I am fighting a battle friends. I have weapons but I need prayer. Here are a few things I am up against:The enemy wants to take my family out (we are battling truth verses perception)I am battling the blessed chemical imbalance handed down for generations (Depression)I am ministering to enemies of the Cross of Christ (Philipians 3:17-21)I waver between life and death, light and dark, truth and lies-it is a constant battleI am overwhelmed with life and its daily ins and outsThis may sound very dark but I tell you I am still rejoicing because Christ works in ALLthings!! He is working in me, in my family, in my depression, with the lost, in the battle, anddaily in life!! I have never felt so secure in Christ. I am waiting on the words that Christhas written in my heart to come pouring out of me-I feel it coming! This can be called the preface. side note: in choosing a "current mood" I faound a funny word and on a whim I looked it up and realized it is exactly the word that describes my mood!quixotic ..kwik-SOT-ik.., adjective:1. Caught up in the romance of noble deeds and the pursuit of unreachable goals; foolishly
impractical especially in the pursuit of ideals.2. Capricious; impulsive; unpredictable.
Some of his plans were quixotic and much too good for this world, but he never wavered in a cause that he considered just and he
commanded the respect of all who opposed him.-- "Dr. John Dewey Dead at 92; Philosopher a Noted Liberal", New York Times, June 2, 1952

0 comments: