Today I placed my Red Envelopes in the mail. It was beautiful and sad to imagine an empty envelope with a "full" message.

I wonder what the post office workers, mail handlers, people working at the White house will think. Will they be overwhelmed positively or negatively? Will they think what a waste of man power and paper? Then I think, it may not matter to them, but it matters to me. I know that someone will be effected positively by this act. The latest statistic on www.redenvelopeday.com said 139,000+ envelopes have been pledged to be sent. That doesn't include the many that will participate because of emails and blog that are not included. That's crazy cool!

The empty envelope is symbolic of children who died because of abortion. With much regret, though covered and esteemed by the Lord's grace, the empty envelope represents MY CHILD.

I am thankful for the way the Lord has worked in my life to bring His truth and salvation, forgiveness and hope to my weary soul. I love how the Lord takes that what is broken, bruised, afflicted, hurt, and makes it BEAUTIFUL! This life that was lost will never lose its "forever lesson" in my life; and the story will have power in lives of those my testimony becomes a part of.

While this verse is taken a bit out of context it still gives me so much hope for the adversity that God makes light!

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

___________________________________________________
More Info:
From: http://belonginghouse.org/wordpress/?page_id=125

Why red?
The envelopes represent the innocent blood shed through abortion, and the plea for the blood of Jesus over the sin of our nation. This campaign is a symbolic act to flood the mail with red. The more we send, the more powerful this symbol will be.


Why March 31?
Although that date was chosen arbitrarily by Brian Potter when he created Red Envelope Day, it also reinforces the symbolism of blood. The envelopes will be arriving near the beginning of Holy Week, just prior to the start of Passover. I don’t think it is a coincidence that these arrive so near the annual remembrance of the Passion and Death of Christ. I joined with the Red Envelope Day effort because it had the most momentum, and Brian Potter was in communication with me. The other dates that have appeared on the Internet did not originate with me, and those anonymous individuals never contacted me–and have created a lot of confusion.
___________________________________________________

Want to participate:
Where do I send them:
The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington D.C. 20500.

On the back of the envelope write (or your own message):
This envelope represents one child who died because of an abortion. It is empty because the life that was taken is now unable to be a part of our world.

1 comments:

Lavender and Fireflies said...

I sent my envelope! So cool!