I was feeling better....then it happened again....I am thankful for the 10 days that I felt "improved" but when it started all coming back it was so discouraging. 

My doctor is now convinced it is hormone related since everything started up again about 1 week before my cycle.  So, at least we know that....but now what are we going to do about it?

I have added magnesium to my daily regimen. I also started on a daily preventative medication. I did not want to go on prescription medication because honestly I know there are healthier alternatives...but functioning is critical right now...so my plan is to at least try the preventatvie and try to worth is some healthier alternatives and the wean off the medication. 

We also have to see how the next 2 months go and if there is little to no improvement then I will most likely have to see someone to work on adjusting my hormones. 

IF you don't know what i am talking about: CLICK HERE (if you care ;)

How do I feel?

  • Still numb on the entire left side
    • at times--worse numbness and tingling with brief intense period of pain
  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Sensitivity to light/sound and smell (only on the really bad days)
  • Nausea
  • Dizziness
  • Irritation

This is a visual representation of my life right now. I start to feel bad and get worse, then it is horrible for a day or so then I slowly start to feel better.  Last month I had 9 good days....we will see after this cycle is done if it starts again. 

I don't look forward to planning life events on the curve. Almost missed a wedding...but I toughed it out.  I did actually go to church yesterday.  Hopefully this medication will work and I won't have to deal with this anymore. 

0 comments: