June 2012

Well, after several more neurologist visits, ob/gyn visits and primary care visits, mostly with LOTS of tears, I am still the same.

  • I am weak & numb on my entire left side--head to toe--only a 1 on a scale of 1-10, so it's minor, but annoying.
  • I have debilitating migraines monthly sometimes (thanks to hormones bi-monthly)
  • Visual impairments that comes and goes depending on headache
  • Little sparkly twinkles in my vision before a migraine
  • numbness and tingling that worsens when a migraine is imminent
  • persistent, never stopping, tinnitus (ringing in my ears) that seeks to send me to the looney bin
  • breakthrough bleeding (thanks hormones that is my favorite {sarcasm intended})
  • and more but I am tiring of thinking about it all.


When asked "if there are any patients like me that are numb on their left side for months with no improvement, what does it mean?" my neurologist explained "well, when we have stroke symptoms that don't resolve...we know MRI's can only show so much" leaving me to believe what he didn't actually speak...but I had known all along...I had another stroke.

For the story of what happened click: HERE

They have now put me on hormone replacement therapy to try to stop the menstrual migraines; however, I know have a whole new slew of symptoms that are almost worse than the alternative.

I am so beside myself with what to do. 

Who can help?

My primary wants me to go back to the Ob/GYN and start over there. UGH!

Did I mention we don't have insurance?

Did I mention that this has caused depression to rear it's ugly head again?

Did I mention that when I get a migraine, I really can't take typical migraine medication because a side effect is stroke?

I am on so much medication and supplements that it is ridiculous.

I am sorry if this sounds a little discouraging but that sort of the season I am in.  

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 HCSB)
I don't feel it...but I believe it!

I know that this is not my forever...and I am okay if I just lose a few days a month to migraine.  My daily sufferings are minor in comparison. So many stroke survivors deal with so much worse.

Onward to more physicians...hopefully answers. If none, then I will take comfort that I tried. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you so much dear sister, we have been through so much together. When I was going through the worst of my junk 4 years ago you said something that was a healing balm to me: it made me laugh, it made me stop and realize that it wasn't my forever, and it's something I've carried with me and have kept with me ever since, and now, I give it back to you in your time of need: It's not a tumah. It's not cancer!