It was a thought...

"I should go see her."

"Naw..."

"NO really! I SHOULD go see her..."

And the THREE "HERS" aligned and hubby gave me permission and I was off on a mission to see 3 ladies I love.  All for different reasons.

I shared a song last post: HERE

This is redemption, this salvation
This is our mission, and this is our passion
Each new post I'll share a different mission.

This is Mission 1: Visit a dying friend.

(Remember I said we are ALL dying; 100% chance) It is just perspective.

This picture is from 2005. 
John, my son Hunter (head shaved to honor their grandson), Frances, and my daughter Brit.  

Frances is a woman that is the mother of a dear friend.  Frances and I became close as her grandson was brought into my life.  Soon he was going through great medical difficulty.  Brain surgery in fact.

Their grandson introduced himself to me a "Bridgekeeper"; so that's what I called him.  Here is a post I wrote about him sometime ago (the date on the blog is not accurate because it was transferred) HERE


Here is a picture I stole, of a picture on their wall, behold the Bridgekeeper!




So, Frances became like family.  She made Brit a blanket.  Made Hunter a pillow.  She always sent me a birthday card. When I moved away to another state, she would check on me.  Like a mom...


Well, years come and go at such a rapid pace and time steals precious "shoulda woulda time" and next thing you know someone you love has a serious illness and you have a choice: Keep moving at the ridiculous pace.. or tell the carnie to stop the ride cause you want to get off and spend time with some people before you have no time left.

So, I finally drove to visit her and her husband.  Who cares that our car's air conditioning works only when it wants to. Sacrifice and they are worth it!

She looked frail; but healthier than I thought she would.

 
We laughed.  Shared stories. Cried.  So, much of that day I never want to forget.  Much is private.

Heartbreaking stories that aren't mine to share, but I am grateful for the lessons!

God is faithful in life & death!

I loved seeing her "home" and the "things" in it.  Saying "I like that little box" and then she would say "oh ________ gave that to me" ...that is a lovely cabinet... oh my sister... and the stories of things go on and on. 

Much I will forget...

One thing I knew I would never forget is scripture! 

I asked her to share her favorite Psalm with me.  



Psalm 46

 1 God is our refuge and strength,
         A very present help in trouble.
 2 Therefore we will not fear,
         Even though the earth be removed,
         And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
 3 Though its waters roar and be troubled,
         Though the mountains shake with its swelling.  Selah
       
 4 There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
         The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
 5 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
         God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
 6 The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
         He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
       
 7 The LORD of hosts is with us;
         The God of Jacob is our refuge.  Selah 
Read Psalm 46 in it's entirety: HERE

Her life is beautiful. Her family is beautiful! The fact that she took time to share it with me BEAUTIFUL!



 1 Peter 1
 23 For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God. 24 As the Scriptures say,
   “People are like grass;
      their beauty is like a flower in the field.
   The grass withers and the flower fades.
    25 But the word of the Lord remains forever.”
   And that word is the Good News that was preached to you.
 I love my friend! I am thankful God gave me time to share life this side of heaven with her!  I am thankful that we have LIFE eternal thank to Jesus Christ!

3 comments:

Miss Janet said...

Wow, what a "moving" trip!

Blessings to you sister!

Janet

Sarah said...

Love the "attempt at art" I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you a bit better. This simply looks like a great place to get drenched in God's goodness.

Splashing,
Sara

Princess Warrior said...

Wow... The tears this brings me TODAY! Thank you for sharing a piece of Mom's life. Love you!