Okay, okay...I know that doesn't sound like me being positive, but I am trying.

I think it is important to know the signs of stroke. I had no idea I was having a stroke, my family suspected but we did not act fast.


The timeline follows:
2008-Oct 26 Stroke
2009
2010
2011-Oct 8 possible TIA, probable stroke, left with permanent effects
2012
2013
I guess since I am a pattern girl I should worry more next year.

lol

Truth is I don't fear another stroke. I expect it. I trust God fully and completely so I do not fear.  Maybe it is just my way of preparing for the worst, hoping for the best...but it works for me.

Because it is October, STROKE is brought to the forefront of my mind. I go back and read the blogs I have written. I rejoice in my life. I AM ALIVE!

However, I will never forget. I will never forget that I could suffer greater permanent damage. I will never forget that I could die. Poof be gone.I will never forget that God spared my life and gave me a better one than I could have expected.

There is something about facing a life and death situation that gives you a greater respect for life.

For myself mainly (because blogger puts everything in backwards date order) I am going to list my blog in order.

These tell the stories:
5/8/2009 National Stroke Awareness Month
10/28/2009 The HEART of it
10/7/2011 Near Death
10/12/2011 Seek Emergency Medical Attention & LACK of Emergency Medical Attention

Reflection Oct 2012: Death, Stroke, and Blessings After

Updates to my condition (aka boring):
10/19/2011 Not Just a Headache
11/14/2011 So It Cycles
12/9/2011 Health Update (though it isn't much of an update)
6/6/2012 Health Update
9/24/12 30 Days of Juicing  & Before & After 
3/19/2013 Reality

What happens when I don't take my meds:
2/9/2013 What's In a Name   Hemiplegic Migraine

Well, if you held on to the end and read at least one blog...thank you. If you read them all, I'm sorry. ;)

If you have any questions, ASK!

For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.
Luke 9:24

0 comments: